What is Mojo-Zen?

My photo
Mojo-Zen is the collected ramblings of zoologist and cultural explorer, Will Benson.

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Q: How do you know an elephant has been in your garden?

A: There will be a ruddy great big hole in your fence!

Two mornings ago I was woken at 4am to the sound of crushing wood and snapping branches right outside my window. On peering past my thin curtains into the darkness I could just make out the shapes of 5 elephants, passing about 2 meters from my head.

Obviously this family of elephants had decided that for all of the many thousands of square kilometers of grass to choose from in the Luangwa Valley, that the 5 meter-squared patch outside my room was exactly what they needed at 4 in the morning. Not wanting to be denied the' sacred grass' within by the fence that surrounds my little patch of garden, they simply smashed their way through, leaving a very obvious elephant-shaped hole in it!

Naughty elephants!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment